Climate of Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada Average Weather
- Halifax, Nova Scotia, canada, 44°38'N, 63°34'W, 25 m (82 ft)
- Halifax, Nova Scotia has a humid continental climate with severe winters, no dry season, warm summers and strong seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Dfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Halifax, Nova Scotia is close to the cool temperate wet forest biome.
- The annual average temperature is 7.6 degrees Celsius (45.7 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1388 mm (54.6 in).
- Annual sunshine averages 1889 hours.
- If Halifax, Nova Scotia were situated on the opposite side of the world what would the climate be like? Follow this link to find the nearest location on ClimaTemps.com!
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Sarnia, On, Canada - 347.5 kms (215.9 miles) NNW
- Chatham, Nb, Canada - 299.7 kms (186.2 miles) NNW
- Summerside, Pe, Canada - 200.1 kms (124.3 miles) N
- Moncton, Nb, Canada - 183.9 kms (114.2 miles) NNW
- Fredericton (Cda), Nb, Canada - 281.9 kms (175.2 miles) WNW
- Fredericton, Nb, Canada - 268.6 kms (166.9 miles) WNW
- Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada - 196.9 kms (122.4 miles) WNW
- Greenwood, Ns, Canada - 112.7 kms (70.1 miles) WNW
- Eastport, Me, Usa - 272.6 kms (169.4 miles) W
- Yarmouth, Ns, Canada - 220.6 kms (137.1 miles) WSW
- Cree Lake, Sk, Canada - 202.4 kms (125.8 miles) SW
- Grindstone Island, Qc, Canada - 330.6 kms (205.4 miles) NNE
- Chéticamp, Ns, Canada - 301.1 kms (187.1 miles) NE
- Charlottetown, Pe, Canada - 185.4 kms (115.2 miles) N
- Charlottetown (Cda), Pe, Canada - 179.6 kms (111.6 miles) N
- Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada - 322.3 kms (200.3 miles) ENE
- Halifax, Stanfield Inter, Ns, Canada - 26.2 kms (16.3 miles) N
- Shearwater, Ns, Canada - 5.6 kms (3.5 miles) ESE
- Sable Island, Ns, Canada - 294.1 kms (182.8 miles) ESE